This is my moderator application! :D

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by RoidREK, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoidREK

RoidREK Active Member

IGN:
    RoidREK
    Discord:
    RoidREK#9922
    RoidREK’s Moderator Application

[​IMG] By Evan Kemp [​IMG]

1. Your game tag:
    My Gamer tag for Minecraft is RoidREK. Real name Evan last name Kemp.

2. Which country do you live in?
    I live in Calgary Alberta Canada.

3. What is your timezone?
    Mountain Daylight Time.

4. Do you speak any other languages?
    I took the effort to try and learn some spanish on my own time when I travelled to Mexico during summer. But I sure can take more effort into other languages too.

5. Do you have ways to capture evidence?
    Why yes I do, I have a screen a recorder on my PC It's a decent for make video reports. If I was mod I would respond to reports by going into /v and watching a player play in one the games.

6. How long can you be active everyday?
    I can be active when I get off school during week days from 5pm too as late as needed. Also it will be a high chance that I will be online a lot more during weekends. But sometimes I will be busy so I'll let you all know if you want.

7. Have you ever been banned on our platforms?
    Unfortunately yes I have. But I beg you to not place judgement upon me for those actions. Over the past year I feel I have really changed as a person because a lot of things have happened to me in my life that made me feel I should change as a person and now I know that the things I've done in my past as a person doesn’t shape the person who I am today. Now I take other players' feelings a lot into consideration and that’s actually why I am here today on this forum requesting to be a moderator. I feel if I was a moderator, then I could stop the hackers who are ruining our fun time in the skies.

8. Do you have any previous experience in moderation?
    Unfortunately no, I was really hoping that this could be my first moderator experience. I believe that since I am the age of 17 that I am very matured and ready for this duty working for this server.

9. How long have you been a member of Skywars?
    I remember playing on the MineVerse server which is connected to the Skywars server way back in 5th grade and donated 3 times. Now I am in the twelfth grade. I had a different account which was RoidTEK. I can’t remember exactly how long but somewhere around those years I played a lot of Skywars.

10. Why do you think you should be a staff member?
    I have been playing Minecraft since 2012. On top of that length of time worth of experience I have lots of experience in many different aspects in Minecraft including modding my single player worlds, creating servers from scratch, I have built a map for a server owner before, and most importantly I am very very experienced in the field of hacking and know many clients and can even recognize a ghostaura from a killaura all the way since I was 13-14 years old. This isn’t a bad thing, you see because of the things I did back in the day and how good I was at pulling it off, I can help identify which hacked clients specific players are using or just individual hacks for banning. But as I said before I am a different player now and I’ve matured a lot and am a honest player.

2-factor authentication enabled ✓

35 messages on the forums ✓

Have been registered for a month ✓

I hope you take this application into serious consideration. I would very much appreciate it and if you need to contact me, here is my Discord information.

Discord: RoidREK#9922

I had a better and more fancy version but it wouldn't allow me to take it from google docs to and upload it here.

I will do what i need to do to be an awesome moderator on here. What ever it takes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
  2. Neutral

- Low amount of reports
    - Haven't seen you in-game for a while (could be time-zone issues)
    - you've double posted a few times to reply to members, try and get used to knowing what the forums rules are (you've broken other rules as well - low knowledge about forums)

Good luck.

edit: you kinda post-farmed your way to meeting the requirements, leaning to no support..

3. RoidREK

RoidREK Active Member

IGN:
    RoidREK
    Discord:
    RoidREK#9922
    Hey! Thanks for the feed back cwes. I haven't been on as much but I'm am a lot now which will be best for being a moderator. Also now I understand double posting isn't allowed. Keep that in check. Also I just read through the rules on here a few times today so I don't ever mess up as a moderator. Everything's looking good my friend ;)

4. Novembree

Novembree Administrator Administrator Competition Leader

IGN:
    Novembree
    Discord:
    Novembree#3146
    Hey Roid, thanks for making an application!

Here's some of my thoughts -
    • Generally nice, well rounded guy. Though a little over confident at times. I'm happy that you admit to your previous mistakes and are working to fix them. Honesty is good thing to have.
    • Recently I haven't seen you online a whole lot but from your response to Cwes I see that you will be more active now. Keep that up.
    • I highly recommend becoming active on the discord, talk to people in #general as well as assisting in #help . This shows initiative and understanding of what common issues people seek help for, and how to assist them.
    • Please continue to make reports on the forums. This is one of the major things I look for. When you make reports, you show that you can recognize various hacked clients as well as understand chat offences and other ways people may break the rules. By reporting people, you show that you can watch for such offences.
    • I recommend becoming very familiar with the functions on the discord, forums and in-game. Forums can be especially hard to learn at first, so maybe read through some of the information found here: https://skywars.com/forums/information.4/ if you haven't already.
    I personally think you still have some areas to improve on as I have listed above. For now, I'll go with neutral, though I'd be happy to change that when I see more activity. Stick it out and take into consideration other people's points. Good luck with your app!

edit: Sorry, I should've specified - Please only use #help to help someone if a moderator isn't already assisting them. Leave serious issues for the moderators to handle. Thanks :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  5. RoidREK

RoidREK Active Member

IGN:
    RoidREK
    Discord:
    RoidREK#9922
    Well thank you very much Novembree for the feed back. I'll be more active as said. Also I'll be looking way more into the discord #general and #help. Thank you for your response and have a good day and come play some SkyWars! :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  6. RoidREK

RoidREK Active Member

IGN:
    RoidREK
    Discord:
    RoidREK#9922
    Those were minor accidents on where I was talking to other players on the discord server. I understand the rules as of now since I was feeling very foolish and in a rush went to overview the rules. I didn’t rush reading the rules though. Thanks for taking your time for the feedback and have a good day!

7. Tim

Tim Moderator Moderator

I do not support, reasons being:

1. Lacks understanding of both forum rules, and discord rules. There have been many instances in the past day or so where your lack of knowledge about discord rules, and forum rules, has shown quite blatantly.

2. Very low report count. As you continue to submit reports your knowledge about different cheats, and hacked clients get sharpened, and you are able to detect and point out cheats with ease. Also, by submitting reports, you have many opportunities to obtain a deeper understanding of the rules.

3. Barely meets requirements, which suggests that the application was rushed. This also shows there was very little time for you to get to know how the forums work.

4. Activity on discord. Though this is not a major point I found it helpful, when I was applying, to converse with the other members, make some friends, and learn about the Skywars community a little more.

Good luck.

8. RoidREK

RoidREK Active Member

IGN:
    RoidREK
    Discord:
    RoidREK#9922
    Hey Tim! Thank you for your honest response I just wanna say that I’ve been taking the initiative to have my notifications on for the discord server and I recently have reviewed the discord rules for the server as I’m am still kind of new to the server but I must remain sharp minded for being moderator. I will gladly tell you that I’ll be way more active trying to capture reports and get to know more players. I will continue to try and meet moderator status. Once again thank you and have a good day.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  9. Agent

Agent Well-Known Member Premium

Discord:
    Agent#4804
    Thank you for applying!
    Your application has been inactive for over a month. Please feel free to submit a new application in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.