SkyWars Teams mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Triggered, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

I know this one is a big one, but I think it’s a good one.

One issue on this server is we cannot “play” with a friend.

Like, sure we can join the same game but eventually one of us will die. Only one wins.

Adding a teams mode would be so you and your partner can go out together and have the chance to both win the game. I think a lot more players would play if they had the opportunity to actually play with a friend.

I know it might take a long time, but it should eventually be considered in the long run.

How it would work:
    Ultimately it would be up to Noobcrew to decide how many players would be in a teams game, but there should be a countdown timer to start the game. Chances are, not every game might not fill. So, there should be like a countdown time, much like the current system. And everybody who did not invite someone to their team would automatically be assigned a random teammate who didn’t invite someone as well, if there’s an odd number then yeah only one would be alone but I don’t think that’s a major problem, certainly not a big one to not consider this.

Commands to invite someone to your team should be like:
    /team invite Triggered
    /team accept Triggered

Other Command:
    /team chat or /tc for team chat

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    • Support Support x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Pillow

Pillow Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pillow#1703
    Support (um where are all the support rating james)

3. Oscar

Oscar Banned

Support, would love a 2v2, 4v4, 8v8 etc, maybe even like a huge 20x20

4. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Active Member

Discord:
    Dinglesplat#8886
    A duo and triple type of thing would be cool!

Full support.

Also, maybe having other maps for this would be cool. Custom 2v2v2v2v2v2v2v2 maps would be awesome! Maybe picking popular movie themes as well would be nice, so you could have even cooler battles against and with your friends!

The team commands idea would also be cool. Maybe a /tc for teamchat as well? Just a thought

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Toheedprff786

Toheedprff786 Member

support would be a lot of fun (if i dont play on hypickle skywars)

6. Triggered

Triggered Active Member

Added your chat suggestion to the original post because I think that would be great!

7. _Savagebomber_

_Savagebomber_ Member

support would be good fun

8. sharmaine

sharmaine Member

Support! Would be alot of fun :)

9. Support! In my opinion, I think the active skywars players would love to see some new changes added into this game-mode. Having this implemented would be amazing. It would totally be so much fun

10. Atombow

Atombow Well-Known Member

Support on this, it would make playing with your friends a lot easier.

11. Tog

Tog Well-Known Member

Support, I would love to see this. Would be great fun to play with mates :)

12. Frez

Frez Moderator Moderator Competition Team

IGN:
    frezology
    Discord:
    Frez#5747
    Support! I think it would 'spice up' the game and encourage more people to play as it would be easier to play with friends as Tog stated

13. Justin

Justin Healy

Support!!! I hope this gets added because it would be so much fun to play with other friends

14. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

I think this is a great idea, but the way it is implemented is essential to see that the feature succeeds and is popular with the players. How often would a ‘team’ game occur compared to the regular solo games? Would there be 2 portals for each game-mode?

Currently there is not an abundance of players queueing for the regular game at any given time, another mode would split up the ‘currently playing’ online players into different modes. Perhaps every 1 in 5 rounds is team game, allowing players to join each other, and everyone else is put into random teams. Balancing would have to be increased here for when teams are unbalanced.

In conclusion, it is not a bad idea, but the specifics of it should be polished. Input from the server staff or admins would benefit.

15. tuber

tuber Moderator Moderator

I don't see two modes working with the current playerbase size. It seems on most servers a team mode gets less players then the solo mode. With our current playerbase that would mean it would take a long time to start a team game (especially if you're doing one with twice as many players like on most servers), meaning the teams mode would likely die out and only be played occasionally.

Even if it did have some players, we would still be splitting the playerbase. Meaning all games would take longer to start, leading to all players having a worse experience.

If the playerbase was larger, sure, but I don't see this working out with the current server size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. phr33z

phr33z Active Member

Yknow what's funny? I'm fairly certain that this is actually already with the plugin. There used to be a way on the old server to do Teams, but this was 5 years ago and I have the memory of a goldfish. I'll have to look through the current skywars plugin again just to see if it's still there, but it isn't hard to just enable it.

(The (FFA) tag on the end of a win represents the gamemode, and it's obvious there was intended to be multiple gamemodes).

17. mattenphew

mattenphew Well-Known Member

I mean sure support, but does Skywars really have enough players to actually make it a popular and active mode?

It's rare you actually see people teaming in games or asking for teams, so I feel like it would get added, be popular for 2 days then dies out completely as people prefer FFA.
    That's just my opinion though, can be proven wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. sabrina

sabrina Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    i'm pretty sure loose teaming is allowed in skywars already, and one person has to remain for the game to end so technically this is already included? like Tuber said, with the current player size, 2 separate gamemodes just seems a bit too ambitious atm.

by "loose teaming" i mean the team mates have no obligations towards eachother, can still "betray" one another and kill eachother, but can also go round the map killing others & share loot etc, but there still has to only be one winner.

I guess it would be cool to add a /team feature so you can avoid killing/getting betrayed by your teammate, and to win as a team, but then again that could be an unfair advantage to single players. i think for now, with the current size of the server, 8-players all going up against eachother works fine, but if the server does get bigger i think it could be a good addition.

neutral :)

19. Rent

Rent Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion big big support

20. Yotam

Yotam Member

Like the idea.