SkyWars stop trying to be like hypixel

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ant_Pearl, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    All of the updates seems like noobcrew sees the success of hypixel and does some half effort attempt to replicate it cuz $$$$$. As we can see with the recent activity nobody actually cares about that, if people want that stuff they will just go to hypixel. Why not expand on what makes this server worth playing on in the first place. THE COMMUNITY. Give people stuff to talk about in the lobby, anything, random whatever that happens in the lobby is where this server shines. Skywars is the perfect size for people to get involved in conversations with one another. Thoughts? Personally I think loosening up the chat rules would encourage more unique and interesting conversations among the player base.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Elaborate.

3. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    I think when people get under each others skin and drama happens and people can say what they wanna say it helps us all sort out our problems and issues. When people retreat to a safe space where they always hear what they wanna hear I think it encourages them to be stubborn and stagnates their personal development. This is why I think it is stupid to ban certain topics and words from chat. People naturally gravitate towards what makes them happy, and what makes people truly happy in the long term is not an unoffensive safe space, but personal growth and progress.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Frez

Frez Moderator Moderator Competition Team

IGN:
    frezology
    Discord:
    Frez#5747
    Chat rules are there to keep everybody safe. You can have perfectly pleasant convos in the lobby, following the rules, as it already is. Opening up chat to topics which are not allowed currently, puts people at risk. The rules are there to maintain kind and friendly chat that is safe for all age groups etc.

I believe that all recent updates help with the server and it's gameplay. It is vital for servers to keep up with demand if they are to keep being popular and running. Personally, I love the new updates and look forward to seeing many more in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. kingzonas

kingzonas Well-Known Member

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    I disagree, very strongly, though I agree that more community features might be nice.
    Chat filters are good the way they are now (except maybe the foreign symbols, but thats a different discussion) and it keeps the server family friendly. Right now, the rules are pretty loose actually.
    The server is still pretty far from hypixel, especially since there's only 1 mode. In fact, I'm having troubles thinking of similarities, there's ranks (every server has those), skywars (super common), parkour (every server has that) and in-game pets, which is unique to skywars. Every system works in a unique way, and the community is one that you can find nowhere else. Its 100% different, except that they're both minecraft servers.

What can make the community better? I think the cosmetics in exchange for skybucks is a good idea, and also make more wonky ways that you can win a game. If you talk to anyone, some of their best memories of this game are that time that they won using a TNT cannon, or when they built a nether portal with their best friend, or when they made a huge lava cast on the pyramid- we need more of that, and this is why I think redstone in the shop is a good idea, it's not overpowered but results in a ton of fun that will create memories and build community.
    Anyways this is kinda long- but thats my opinion.

TLDR: the servers are different and redstone/cosmetics would help the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    The only topics that are probably not allowed are politics, sensitive topics and talking about things that’d just make others uncomfortable. Skywars is a place where you can always talk but the environment isn’t designed to talk about debates or wars. It leads to arguments, uncomfortable feelings and can probably give unwanted flashbacks to some users. I suggest keeping the chat how it is. It’s perfectly fine. I think adding some new perks, kits, maps etc. would boost the server’s player count but it seems to be good at the moment. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    Safe from... at risk of... being uncomfortable? Debates and uncomfortable feelings? Unwanted flashbacks? Yeah. So what. Sometimes discomfort is an essential part of growing up. Treating discomfort like it's inherently bad is an ignorant and superficial way of looking at it. A combination of exposure and understanding is what allows us to get past our trauma and toxic conditioned emotional responses. If any of you think you know enough about life to prioritize anything above understanding it then you haven't thought hard enough.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    That’s disgusting to say. Sorry but, I strongly disagree with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    Oh really, lets say someone has been conditioned to hate a certain group of people by their caretakers growing up. How is that person supposed to learn how to become an accepting member of society without experiencing discomfort?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. kingzonas

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    Boba is 100% right, discomfort is part of growing up sometimes, yes, but that doesn't mean you make somebody intentionally uncomfortable... Honestly, I don't think servers in general strive to keep the chat safe enough, and I think skywars is doing an excellent job.

11. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    Why should we be afraid of making someone uncomfortable if it helps them grow up? How is temporary personal discomfort not worth a potential long term benefit to society? Also, you can't "disagree" with a question. There is opinion stated to disagree with.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Because that’s not our job. We are not parents on Skywars. The staff’s job is to make sure the community is well-balanced and safe for everyone. Which is why these types of topics are not really allowed due to them becoming debates and then starting to become disastrous arguments. Like seriously come on, this is a kid’s game. Why would we want players to feel uncomfortable? That’s messed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ant_Pearl

Ant_Pearl Active Member

IGN:
    Ant_Pearl
    Discord:
    Ant_Pearl#9198
    The idea that helping people grow up is just a parents job is very questionable. It is very common for parents to be terrible at raising children through emotional abuse, being overprotective, or other toxic behaviors. How is it okay to just accept that and leave it how it is? If the staff really wants to make sure the community is safe for everyone, they should foster an environment where people can actively grow up. The fact that kids play this game makes it especially important. What's messed up, is encouraging a culture of comfort over one of learning and development. Why is being comfortable all the time more important than helping each other out in a substantial way?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    You’re helping out by keeping the community clean and making it a safe space for everyone. Feeling comfortable lets players have a sense of trust and openness. They feel relaxed and calm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SplatBerry

SplatBerry Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Discord:
    Splat<3#4649
    I really don’t think this is necessary, and more explained above especially by Frez.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member Premium

i find this thread funny

• Like Like x 1
  17. kingzonas

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    Agreed, I cant decide whether to disagree or dislike all of ant's comments

18. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member Premium

doesnt matter u think crew is gonna listen to ant?!?!?! that is so funny like omg ant ur such an old head sir

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Clxrity

Clxrity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Clxrity
    Discord:
    clarity#0001
    ye and

i hate the community

like.... a conversation prompt? awkward

im all for this lets run free naked the way god made us and shoot heroin in a car and say controversial things just for the hell of it. this is not sarcasm. it genuinely isn't.

y'all, he does have a point bc shielding kids from inevitable problems in the real world that they WILL have to experience someday actually does no good for a kid's development or anything (to the most certain extent).

however, while i agree with your premise, i'll have to side with the ops. its a minecraft server. it wouldnt be a big deal if people kept their problems and dramas amongst themselves. however, i do not trust this community in itself to not constantly try to involve moderation and other players and overall cause more problems than it would be worth.
    banger counter-response right here actually

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Ref

Ref Member

IGN:
    RefAlphaMale
    Discord:
    Ref#7777
    Do you actually think noobcrew cares about how much money he makes from this?

• Agree Agree x 1