SkyWars Start the Match even if it hasn't got max 8 players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Deleted Member, Oct 16, 2020.

1. *I used this from my own suggestion on the Mineverse forums*

Hey,

In this suggestion I'm going to be talking about the overall experience of how players hate it when a player randomly just leaves on purpose when it's got 8 players. In case you didn't know, when in a game of skywars if you have 8 players, and a player leaves, it says you have to wait another 30 seconds unless another player joins.

This would be helpful if it for example just started at 7 players then instead of the same player who keeps on abusing this and in my time-zone in the mornings, usually when skywars is inactive, this is when it happens. Many players think it's funny to keep on joining and leaving when it's max 8 players and the thing is many players could be AFK, which means that no one is really playing on this game-mode, so players find it annoying that when the same guy comes in and keeps on leaving at the last second when the match is going to start. I've seen this happen many times and I'm sure you all can agree that this gets pretty hectic.

Suggestion

My suggestion is that the game starts even if a player leaves, only when it's max 8 players though.

Hear me out: let's say there was a game of 6 players, and someone left and now it becomes 5 players who are in the game. Basically even if the player leaves, the game starts with no wait for another 30 seconds to start the match. So this is fine, it doesn't need fixing, only to start the match when it's maybe 7 players if a player left.

• Support Support x 10
  2. sabrina

sabrina Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    wait is this cwes

support btw just like i did on MV
    can be so annoying w those pesky ppl that keep leaving and resetting the timer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the Support :)

yes haha it’s me cwes

4. Sando3

Sando3 Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Sando3
    Discord:
    Sando#0003
    Support, but could honestly be as low as 6 imo. So if the playercount is equal or greater than 6 after someone has left the game, the countdown would be left untouched. This means it would only be reset to 30 seconds if there are 5 or less players left in the game. I still support it being set to 7, though I'd prefer 6.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Yotam

Yotam Member

Idk playing only 6 sounds boring.

6. Agreed, however this becomes a huge problem and it doesn’t make anything fun then if players keep on leaving the match when there’s 8 players. They just leave at the last second when the game is about to start and this is a huge problem.

(Also, another thing we could do is higher up the limits of how many players we could have in games, however there’s some things needed, basically newer maps, in only all of the games do the maps have 8 boxes for players to fit in + the activity on skywars, I wouldn’t say it’s quite active in the mornings but definitely at night in my time-zone.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2020
  7. Waterfall48

Waterfall48 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Waterfall48
    Discord:
    Waterfall48#1367
    Honestly, I got used to waiting, at this point I go and get food while I wait or I sit on my phone. Even with my [PRO] rank i still don't force start games because I'm used to waiting it out at this point

8. That’s not the point, I’ve seen you playing and if you’re used to waiting, sure it’s better if this was not implemented when the server is active as another player could join your match, however when the server is usually inactive in my time-zone in the mornings, players can easily do this.

9. Rent

Rent Well-Known Member

support

10. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Support on this! Reasons stated above.

11. Justin

Justin Healy

Support, I am impatient lmao

12. eunice

eunice Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eunice#8334
    HMM im kinda in the middle bcs idk what if like you jus end up playing with 3 players, i mean i guess it could be kinda fun still but : //

13. I wouldn't really say that that's what this suggestion could really do. For example, if there were 8 players and a person left. There's 7 now. If 2 players leave at the same time (hopefully there's a function that will allow this to work) and there's 6 players left now, every player will wait until there are 8 players in the game. If it just started at 3 players, it would be very boring and isn't something ideally I think the Developers and Staff would want. Thanks for your feedback!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Tim

Tim Moderator Moderator

I think that this is a great idea! Something else that could also be implemented to further reduce the number of players that leave last second is a higher price for the leaving penalty, I feel like 1 skybuck is not enough to actually dissuade someone from leaving. Overall I def support the idea!

15. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

SUPPORTTT yea this could be cool

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thanks to all the above for the support!

Bumping.

17. ValiocAFA

ValiocAFA Active Member

IGN:
    ValiocAFA
    Discord:
    ValiocAFA#2170
    Support. This is a really good suggestion. So basically once it hits 8 people, it’s a 10 second timer that starts no matter who leaves?

18. Gfishy_

Gfishy_ Member

IGN:
    GFishyTTV
    Discord:
    GFishy_#7327
    I rather not because I would only like to play with more than 6 or 5 otherwise it's too easy or boring.

19. Emex

Emex Member

IGN:
    Emexxxxx
    Discord:
    Emex#0001
    Late answer, but I support this.

20. coolbubble99

coolbubble99 Member

IGN:
    coolbubble99
    Discord: