SkyWars List of my Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aly, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Aly

Aly Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Alychemist
    Discord:
    aly#8827
    Hey! This is a thread for all my suggestions for Skywars.
    If you disagree with any of them, please let me know why you think it shouldn't be implemented. Thanks! <3

[IMPLEMENTED]
    1. Visibility Item/Disable player collisions in 1.9+

For the parkour, players in versions above 1.9 try to troll and push each other off. An easy way to solve this would be to either disable player collision in 1.9 or add a visibility item.
    tl;dr - disable player collision to avoid pushing each other off on the parkour

[IMPLEMENTED]
    2. Add Lapis to the shop or to the chests

For enchanting, players will need lapis. There is no way to obtain this ore apart from mining on the maps that have lapis.
    tl;dr - add lapis to the shop or chests for enchanting

3. Remove Crafted Golden Plates (EDITED)
    Crafting golden plates in-game makes it a Land Mine (bought in /shop). Personally I think the ability to do this should be removed as gold is quite common in chests. Another way would to be remove gold from chests.

EDIT: could also remove landmines from /shop completely or lower the price
    tl;dr - remove ability to craft golden plates or remove gold from chests

[IMPLEMENTED]
    4. Make glass blastproof/Disable /shop in the glass box
    This is to ensure players don't use the TNT launcher to blow up their glass box to enter the game first. They can enderpearl to other islands, etc. Another solution for this would be disabling the command /shop before dropping down onto the island.
    tl;dr - make glass blastproof to ensure players don't use it to glitch or disable /shop in glass box

[IMPLEMENTED]
    5. Move Pro Rank up and capitalize it in /list
    Currently, in /list, it shows that "pro"s are under the Default rank. My suggestion is to move it above Default (under staff) and to capitalize it to be "Pro" instead of what it is currently: "pro".
    tl;dr - capitalize and move pro rank up in /list so it's neater

That's it, thank you for taking the time to read this thread <3

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2021
    • Support Support x 17
  2. Atombow

Atombow Well-Known Member

Support, I agree with all these suggestions. They're all meant to help improve the game in some way.

Edit: I agree with what sando said about the golden plates. so no support on that suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  3. Sando3

Sando3 Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Sando3
    Discord:
    Sando#0003
    I support all except this one. There is literally a broadcast/hint that says golden pressure plates are land mines. I am quite sure this isn't a bug but rather an addition. If it was accidentally added, I still think it makes for a great game mechanic. Gold is useless otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tog

Tog Well-Known Member

I fully support all of these. However I agree with Sando. There’s a broadcast that says golden pressure plates are land mines, so I believe players should just be more careful of this.

5. Aly

Aly Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Alychemist
    Discord:
    aly#8827
    Well honestly i'm fine with it not being removed, but I just find it kind of dumb that it's sold for 6 bucks in /shop when you can find gold in chests easily.

Anyway, thank you all for your support! <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Support. Thanks for this thread, it explained lots of the weird things I have seen happen in games. I was just going to make a bug report as my island was completely destroyed (by a TNT cannon, I understand now) before I even dropped down. So definite support for that one.
    I think making the glass blast-proof is better than disabling the shop, for then the Shop humanoid in the lobby is rendered useless. Another idea is to replace the glass blocks with barrier blocks.
    I also would love to use the enchanting table but realised I hadn’t come across any lapis. I’m not sure i’ve even mined any lapis during games. Adding this to the random loot pool in chests is a great idea as it adds another layer of depth to the game with enchanting.
    The Land mine issue, I think if it is so expensive in shop a good measure would just to be reduce the amount of gold found in starter chests, even introduce gold nuggets into them. I think people may get confused and frustrated when they learn they can not craft an item and it pushes the game away from vanilla. So I don’t think crafting the item should be disabled, but I agree that there is a problem with the availability of gold and the price for it in /shop.

7. Aly

Aly Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Alychemist
    Discord:
    aly#8827
    Thank you for the support! <3
    The reason why I suggested an alternative for the 2nd suggestion was because you could use explosive arrows (bough in /shop) if a player was camping on the glass box to get them down. Although I do understand that it would make the Shop humanoid useless, it was just a second option for players who wanted to use the arrows.

8. Dan

Dan Banned

Ngl these suggestions are kinda epic...

I like the idea of landmines not being craftable and only buyable, but it would appear everyone else disagrees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aly

Aly Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Alychemist
    Discord:
    aly#8827
    Thank you for your support! <3

10. Disc

Disc Active Member

Support, all these suggestions would be amazing to get added. I really didn't know that you were able to craft the landmines o_O

11. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    I support all of the above.
    However, I don't think that the ability to craft landmines should be removed, because that would make gold useless like Sando said. But I do agree that either the price of landmines in the shop should be lowered, or that gold should be removed from chests entirely. Or maybe gold could be made significantly more rare to find in a chest.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  12. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member Premium

Coming from mE

Gold isnt useless; in fact ive literally never used them on land mines ive always used gold if ive gotten to all of the mid loot and still dont have a single armor peice, OR the better use is getting a golden apple for regen since in skywars you can really only regen naturally or with golden apples (No health or regen pots)

I support all suggestions here

13. Aly

Aly Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Alychemist
    Discord:
    aly#8827
    Thank you Qwiby <3

bump

• Friendly Friendly x 1