Disguise ability

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kingzonas, Jun 14, 2021.

1. kingzonas

kingzonas Well-Known Member

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    Disguise for streamers, youtubers and maybe even pros would be really nice.
    Currently, getting trolled by people for being a streamer is a real problem, it would be even better if the disguise covered up the streamer tag!

• Support Support x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. und3niable

und3niable Member

IGN:
    und3niable
    Discord:
    und3niable#1774
    Yeah, not sure if there is a feature like this for mods. But I could definitely see targeting happening in game.

3. PlumerMan

PlumerMan Member

IGN:
    BusinessManBob
    Discord:
    PlumerMan#7306
    What how would this help

4. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Do you mean in the lobby or in the game?

5. SplatBerry

SplatBerry Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Discord:
    Splat<3#4649
    Support I can feel u

6. PlumerMan

PlumerMan Member

IGN:
    BusinessManBob
    Discord:
    PlumerMan#7306
    In game

7. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Thanks, well that’s not really going to be useful because players will know that’s there’s a streamer in their game and it also allows players to disguise and hide “secretly” which becomes unfair to others. If this was a lobby thing, either way people can see in tab or use /near. Personally I don’t think it’s going to be useful for content creators so no support, sorry.

8. kingzonas

kingzonas Well-Known Member

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    The main reason is that specifically, to hide the fact that im a streamer in game. Being a streamer, youtuber or even mod can often result in trolling or targeting, and it gets annoying.

9. Tim

Tim Moderator Moderator

Honestly, SkyWars being such a small server compared to other servers, I feel like /disguise would not be very helpful. Also, from personal experience disguise plugins are generally very buggy, and creating a custom plugin is a lot of work for a relatively small payoff. If this were to be implemented, I would not want it to be accessible to [pro] ranks, because I feel that they have no need for it. I feel as if /disguise would generally disconnect the community from our content creators, which is not preferable. If you are having issues with stream-sniping/ghosting I think that twitch has delay options, this could help eliminate any competitive advantages.

No support.

Hey Boba, I just wanted to let you know (if you were not aware already) /disguise only changes the nametag/skin of a given player, it does not make them unseeable, and would not really provide any competitive advantage.

10. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    ahh okay, on Skyblock, disguise morphs you into an animal/mob so that’s what I was thinking. if it disguises you into a player, then yes, support! my bad @kingzonas lol but I support this for content creators and (maybe) moderators only even do they have vanish permissions.