Disable /sw leave midgame.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Deleted Member, Sep 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

First of all, all credit goes to SniffMyToes on the Mineverse forums for suggesting this. I'm putting this an idea on the skywars forums since I think this needs to be implemented asap.

Another suggestion about Skywars, please disable /sw leave during midgame.

Basically, if a player left when they got knocked out by someone and was falling into the void but quit, the player who knocked him off doesn't get the kill and the 1 skybuck they deserve for killing that player.

This is classified as toxic, because players who leave are guilty of the person who knocked them off and doesn't want them to get the money.

SniffMyToes wrote on his suggestion that we should make this bannable due to players abusing this command. I wouldn't say banning the player is the best thing, so let's leave that alone.

Also, if you're thinking that players can still abuse this by 'simply leaving the server', remember, we're talking about the player getting the money they should be getting by killing the player.

2. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Wow. Right, so this has happened to me where I knock someone off but don’t get the kill. I thought it was just a glitch, but this explains it. I support this suggestion, it really isn’t fair for those who earn their kills.

3. Tog

Tog Well-Known Member

Full support. I have lost so many kills due to players disconnecting. Rather than disabling disconnecting completely, I believe it would be better to give the kill to whoever got the last hit on the player.

4. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

That is actually a good idea, but can you think of any reasons why players would want to be /sw leav’ing in the middle of a game? I understand client/game crashes, but leaving a match is weird.

5. Tog

Tog Well-Known Member

Pretty simple really; the main reason is just to prevent the player killing them from getting the kill.

6. Atombow

Atombow Well-Known Member

Full support, it's super annoying to hit a player off the void and for them to just suddenly disconnect and you dont get $ for the kill.

7. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member Premium

Support, even though i use this myself its still annoying

8. _Savagebomber_

_Savagebomber_ Member

support, this is annoying but they could add so if they leave the player that gets the last hit on the person gets the reward

9. Thank you all for your supports!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2020
  10. sabrina

sabrina Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    support, so annoying when a player leaves just after you’ve knocked them off and you don’t even get the kill.

they lose a dollar anyway by leaving, why not let people who kill them gain an extra by disallowing this command?

11. Thanks ^-^

Bump!

12. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Support, whoever had last hit the player before they fell in the void and left deserves the kill and 1$ cause it’s rightfully there’s in my opinion.

13. eunice

eunice Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eunice#8334
    i like this suggestion yes, support

14. Thank you!

Bumping

15. NoodleToes

NoodleToes tryhard

IGN:
    NoodleToes
    Discord:
    NoodleToes#5925
    Support, although adding a combat plugin could also work

16. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    I agree with this. Players could easily just exit out of MC to do the same thing (unless I'm wrong).
    Maybe don't remove the command, but implement a combat plugin could make it so you get the kill reward regardless of whether they leave or not.

17. Novembree

Novembree Administrator Administrator Competition Leader

IGN:
    Novembree
    Discord:
    Novembree#3146
    This was implemented a couple months ago. :)

Thank you for taking your time to submit a suggestion!
    Upon review it has been decided that we will accept your suggestion!

Thread locked and moved to Suggestions - Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.