SkyWars an island building competition each month

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by arxh, Jan 24, 2021.

1. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

i meant to say MAP building comp not island, sorry for the confusion boba
    ok, alright, so
    as we know, there hasn't been a new map in-game for quite a while, so my suggestion is, to have a competition each month where players make new maps for skywars, then send a picture of them (maybe in a different discord channel?) and then a few of the mods decide which ones they like, and what to implement.
    (this is similar to the "island comp" they have on one of noobcrews other servers https://skyblock.net/threads/januarys-island-competition-skyblock.139109/#post-1565228)

thanks for reading and tell me what you think :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Support Support x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Support but I think rename your thread to “a map building competition each month” to not confuse players. (Me basically)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

sorry xd, i cant change title so i edited the post :)

4. kingzonas

kingzonas Well-Known Member

IGN:
    kingzonas
    Discord:
    jellyvish404#5778
    Support! this sounds like a really great idea, and I was saying how we needed more maps more recently actually.
    This sounds like a fun way to add more maps, and remove the disliked ones (Snow globe map SUCKS :( )

5. eunice

eunice Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eunice#8334
    support, this could probably encourage new maps

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

bumping >:D

7. Support.

This would benefit a whole lot to Skywars, many players have kept on asking me when new maps are going to come around. Having a competition which includes making maps for the community/Staff to see sounds quite fun.

I'm pretty sure tuber did a couple of these in the past on MV, so hopefully we can get a similar comp. here too! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Novembree

Novembree Administrator Administrator Competition Leader

IGN:
    Novembree
    Discord:
    Novembree#3146
    Support! Sounds like a fun idea, but might take some time to implement and set up. (Seeing as those submitting their map builds would have to find a way to send over their map files successfully if chosen.) You'd probably have to make sure everyone knows how to do that before they can submit a map to the competition. Not to mention all the other logistics, (how to submit your entry, who chooses the winner, how they choose, [maybe by a vote/poll?]), etc.

I'd love to see some new maps added to the skywars! :)