Spectate feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Caleb, Sep 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Hi all, my proposition today for you is a spectate feature on skywars.

What is it?
    The spectate feature allows players in the main lobby (not currently in a game) to join a current ongoing game as a spectator, which allows them to fly around the map while invisible to other players and watch the match going. While you are a spectator you can not damage or influence the current match you are spectating in any way.
    Why should it be implemented?
    • To allow players to watch their friends games
    • To allow players to watch the end of their match and see who emerges victorious.
    • To allow players to spectate others and report for hacking- currently players can only gain video evidence of hacks while in the game. Many people mistake good players for hacks, and rightfully so, because when battling someone, it is hard to tell.
    Conclusion
    I think the spectate feature would be a great addition to the SkyWars server! Let me know your feedback, and if you support the suggestion, lets discuss what should be the command to begin spectating and how should the match-joining GUI work.​

2. Sando3

Sando3 Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Sando3
    Discord:
    Sando#0003
    Clear support from me, but they'll have to make sure to patch spec blocking and make sure it's bug free

To explain spec blocking: If you're a spectator and standing in front of a block, alive players cant place blocks there. This means you could kill alive players. There would also be other rewrites required such as "the switch" not working with spectators. Currently it does

3. Atombow

Atombow Well-Known Member

Support, but like sando said they’d have to make sure spec blocking doesn’t work because that can ruin games easily.

4. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Active Member

Discord:
    Bdark#1431
    I do believe one already exists. I don’t think anyone has in-game permissions to utilize /spec. However, if a new one was created, it would be important to ensure that you would not be able to push others off the edge, like others have said. Anywho, support!

5. Support!

A new spec feature would be great. For players who want to catch hackers and didn’t record it and got killed by a player, this could be useful! What I’d say is for players to spectate immediately the game they were in and when they died. Or we could add a way to spectate any game we want, I’m not sure but good suggestion, would love to see this being implemented <3

6. Tog

Tog Well-Known Member

Support.
    I would love a spectate feature to be added. Not just for its entertainment purpose, but for its use (catching hackers, etc.). As Sando said, spec blocking would have to be fixed.

7. Novembree

Novembree Administrator Administrator Competition Leader

IGN:
    Novembree
    Discord:
    Novembree#3146
    Thank you for taking your time to submit a suggestion!
    Upon review it has been decided that we will accept your suggestion!

Thread locked and moved to Suggestions - Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.