NA Mvdi Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Malc, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Preface
    Hi, I'm Madi. I'm a two-time former MV Mod, but I unfortunately had to resign both times due to computer issues that forced me to become severely inactive. However, I finally have a reliable computer, so these issues will surely not happen again. I have also significantly improved my time management skills so I will make sure I always have time to moderate.

Your in-game tag

Mvdi

Which country do you live in?

United States of America

What is your timezone?

Mountain (UTC-07:00)

Do you speak any other languages?

No

Do you have ways to capture evidence?

Yes. I have OBS to record video, and Snipping Tool, Gyazo, and the screenshot function in MC to capture screenshots.

How long can you be active everyday?

I can be online anywhere from 1-5 hours every day.

Have you ever been banned on our platforms?

No

Do you have any previous experience in moderation?

Yes. I have been a moderator on Mineverse twice.

How long have you been a member of SkyWars?

I have been playing Skywars since 2013.

Why do you think you should be a staff member?

Skywars has been one of my favorite gamemodes since I started playing Minecraft in 2013, so I am very familiar with the game as well as the rules of it. I think it's important for a Moderator to know the gamemode(s) they're moderating like the back of their hand to ensure that they're able to help with any issues that may arise, or questions they might get from players or anyone else.

I have lots of experience in moderating both in-game and the forums, which I will be able to apply if I am promoted. I know the permissions I will acquire, as well as how and when to use them. I also know that a Moderator's responsibilities are more than just banning hackers. You have to be available to players every second you're on; it's your job. You have to be prepared to answer questions, resolve disputes, observe chat in general, and communicate and be friendly with the community; all of which I am fully prepared to take on.

Along with the server, I am incredibly active on the forums and Discord as well. When I am not able to be reached in-game, I am available on the forums and Discord pretty much 24/7, and am able to get in-game whenever I am needed. My activity on all of these platforms has helped me to become extremely familiar with all of them, thus allowing me to answer any questions I may receive there too.

None of the current Moderators are in my timezone, when there are hundreds of players online when I'm on daily. The majority of the Staff team also have obligations elsewhere, such as Crew's other servers, which are understandably prioritized given their sizes compared to Skywars. Along with this, we have lost three Moderators in the last month. I believe it would be very beneficial to the server if I was promoted for these reasons.

I have a genuine passion for this server and I would love to have the opportunity to serve it, as well as the community that inhabits it.

Requirements
    35 messages posted on the forums ✅
    2 factor authentication is enabled on your account ✅
    You have been registered for a period of 1 month ✅

Conclusion
    Thank you for reading. I am open to any questions/criticism anyone may have regarding me or my application.

My Discord is Madi#2423 if anyone wishes to contact me there :nerd:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Support

You're a respectful, kind and caring person Madi. I've seen you quite a few times on Skywars

I feel your time-zone first of all would help massively since many hackers are usually on at this stage.

Your application itself I think is pretty good. Reading through it was interesting, so great job!

Being a former Mod on MV twice shows us you have lots of experience. You are knowledgeable for both in-game and forums.

Some feedback however:

Reports - you're making some progress with them, but keep going with them. Do as many as you can

Discord - although you seem to be active in some of the main channels like #general, I'd like to see you attempt to try and maybe help some members with things.

Good luck :)

3. Qwiby

Qwiby Well-Known Member Premium

MASSIVE SUPPORT MUDDY FOREVER!

no but seriously a good applicant. Already has mod experience from mv and is working on reports here; love to see some more activity on forums and discord but id love to see u on the team

4. boba

boba side eye Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Discord:
    bobaldr
    Support for my bsf Madi. Active, kind, polite, knowledgeable, amazing. Definitely deserves a chance.

5. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you guys : ) I'm definitely working on getting my reports up and I'll be sure to keep a better eye on the help channel in the Discord.

6. Atombow

Atombow Well-Known Member

HELL YEAH SUPPORT <3

7. ValiocAFA

ValiocAFA Active Member

IGN:
    ValiocAFA
    Discord:
    ValiocAFA#2170
    Support!

8. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you both :coffee:

9. Tim

Tim Moderator Moderator

100% support, you seem very responsible, qualified, and good-hearted. Best of luck!

10. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you so much <3

11. Novembree

Novembree Administrator Administrator Competition Leader

IGN:
    Novembree
    Discord:
    Novembree#3146
    Support, I've seen you around a decent amount and you seem to be a very helpful, experienced player. Good luck!

12. eunice

eunice Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eunice#8334
    support !! ofc !!! <3

a very genuine person and has past moderation experience, im rooting for you <3

13. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you guys < 3

14. Clxrity

Clxrity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Clxrity
    Discord:
    clarity#0001
    Madi (or Mvdi, Madison, madisonjr, x_MadiPVP_HD_x, ect.) possesses all the qualities needed to moderate this server, in my personal opinion.

- She's experienced with moderating skywars. Although it's a separate network now, as we all know, this used to be apart of Mineverse and Madi has moderated Mineverse twice.
    - She knows how to deal with players and de-escalate situations.
    - She knows how to spot hacks, and has likely proven that through her reports.
    - She's aware of the permissions and responsibilities that come with being a moderator.
    - She's capable of listening to instruction from her superiors (including but not limited to: Janice) and following guidelines.
    - She is knowledgeable about the server, how it works, and would be capable of answering questions people have about the server itself.
    - She's currently active across all platforms (forums, in-game, & discord).
    - She has a genuine interest in the server and would only do things to benefit it.
    - She's friendly and approachable.

Not implying the server hasn't changed since Madi has last moderated, and it likely has many differences + things she would need to adapt to now that it has become its own network. However, I feel like Madi is more than capable of adapting to these changes.

Good luck Madi. Obvious support from me :cigar:

15. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you MJ <3 this means a lot coming from someone who knows me and has experience moderating with me.

16. Re-support.

You've improved quite a bit over these few weeks, I can definitely see you trying to submit a couple of reports as it shows activity that goes towards the server. Apart from that, Discord activity is great. I'm certain you would make an amazing mod.

17. ValiocAFA

ValiocAFA Active Member

IGN:
    ValiocAFA
    Discord:
    ValiocAFA#2170
    I am also going to re-support, so I think you are very active on the discord and it’s good that ur making reports. I must admit I don’t see you on the server as much though. Anyways good luck on this application.

18. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you so much Cwes <3 I've definitely been doing my best to improve in the areas you suggested so I'm glad that you've seen improvement.
    Thank you Valioc! I'd say my activity has been pretty good, I'm normally on the server for around 2-3 hours a day at the very least and I see you in-game quite often. I'm not sure where you're from but maybe it's timezones? Either way thank you so much for your feedback and continued support : )

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  19. Pillow

Pillow Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pillow#1703
    Not actually seen you on (I don't play too often) But you seem qualified! Good luck :)

20. Malc

Malc Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Malctar
    Discord:
    Malc#2423
    Thank you Pillow : ))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.